Sunday, October 5, 2008

Mystery Question


This week I am posting a photograph of the Battleground Theatre that was located in the vicinity of the Ramsour's Mill Battlefield, in Lincolnton, NC. The theatre was used for the productions of "Thunder Over Carolina" many years ago. Currently the site is no longer extant, but the LCHA is trying to relocate the original location of the theatre at the battleground. If anyone has any information or stories they would like to share with us about the theatre it would be greatly appreciated. You can post your comments to the blog, contact me, January Porter, at the LCHA via e-mail listed on the blog, or contact us at the office at (704) 748-9090.

1 comment:

iamglamourpuss said...

Absolutely fascinating! This totally reminds me of the Greco-Roman, open-air theaters. What a fabulous gem of history we have amongst us! I only wish I could provide a piece to the puzzle.